What is Love for Larkin?
Love for Larkin is a community service project dedicated to support local mental and behavioral health hospitals.
To support these hospitals, SGA is conducting a "kit" drive where students can create reading, craft and game kits to be used by adolescent patients ages 13-17.
Information about participating and creating a "kit" in below. Kits will be collected ONE-DAY ONLY --> Wednesday, April 14th (3:30pm-5:30pm)
Games should be board games (Monopoly, Sorry, Candyland, etc.)
No card games.
- Participating students do not have to create all 3 kits (read, create and play)
- Students can create any kit of their choice. ** However, 1 of each kit only **
- Students will receive 5 service hours for each kit (max 15 hours if student created 1 read kit, 1 play kit and 1 create kit)
- Ex: If a student created 1 Read kit, that student would receive 5 service hours. If a student created 1 Read kit and 1 Create kit, they would receive a total of 10 service hours.
- Students must have a completed Collection Form with them when dropping off kits on our 1-DAY ONLY Collection Day - Wednesday, April 14th (3:30pm-5:30pm) in the CB Bus Loop
- Service hours will be directly reported to Guidance. Please allow time (1 month+) for these hours to be reflected on your virtual counselor.